2020年12月18日金曜日

(Museum Closure Blog) Ms. Gold Seal , National Treasure Part 2 :Run Away from Home

My name is Ms. Gold Seal. I was born 2000 years ago at Rakuyo, the Chinese capital of China. *¹Oh, have I already told you this before?

I work at the Fukuoka City Museum’s Permanent Exhibition Room and the guests often come to see me now and then. *²But there is something wrong lately. Nobody comes to see me. What’s more, the room is always so dark! It’s not fair, don’t you think?

I think the museum’s staff should learn how to treat a lady. (I’m a girl who is around two thousand years old!) I can’t talk to anyone since I don’t have a roommate. I can’t even sleep at night. It reminds me of the hard and lonesome days that I spent on Shikanoshima Island.

Enough is enough! I’ll be out of here! 

*¹ The profile of Ms. Gold Seal is here

*² The Fukuoka City Museum is currently closed for a partial renovation.

--------------------------------------------


This is the Nishijin area. Nishijin station is the closest subway station to the museum. It’s been a long time since I last went outside. Oh, I feel so cold! *³I’m quite sensitive to coldness!

*³ The thermal conductivity of gold is 319W/m-k.

--------------------------------------------

This is Ohori Park. A long time ago, this place used to be a cove and it was connected to the ocean!

The cove was later cleverly reformed to be a part of the moat surrounding Fukuoka Castle. For this reason, the park was named “Ohori” which means a big moat park.

It would be great if I could ride a boat in this moat with my future boyfriend.

--------------------------------------------

This is the Fukuoka Art Museum inside the park. *⁴ I used to work here. It’s been a while! I hope everyone is doing great!

Oh, wait! Since I have a lot of friends at the Fukuoka Art Museum, I think I should stay there for a while. I didn’t think too much about it when I left the Fukuoka City Museum, but I don’t want to end up staying outside. What if it rains? I can’t bear the cold!

I’m sure that my friends will say, “yokayo”(yes) to my request!

I think the staff of the Fukuoka City Museum is in panic right now! After all, I am the icon of the museum. They can’t afford to lose me. But they could never have me back unless sincerely apologized to me.

*⁴ The Gold Seal had been on exhibit at the Fukuoka Art Museum from 1978 to 1990.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿